Monday 13 July 2015

Welcome!

This is a new venture. So please bear with me as I learn the art - and probably craft! - of the blog. Most of this will be about historical stuff [hence the name] but I expect there will be times when I just bang on about something that interests, annoys or delights me.
A quick introduction. I'm a TV director, and I've specialized for many years in films about history and religion. You can learn more about that here, which is my TV website. There's a blog panel on there and I may be transferring some of that stuff over as time goes on. We'll see...
Meanwhile you may be wondering where my background picture is.


 It's a view of Iken on the Alde in Suffolk, taken on a visit with Sam Newton, when we were trying to get a film about the background to Beowulf going, to coincide with ITV's new drama series. More about that later, perhaps. Iken was the home of St Botolph, one of East Anglia's earliest saints. When he founded the church there in the seventh century it was probably on a island in the stream, a kind of Lindisfarne . A very beautiful place anyway, and  I love the boat at the bottom of the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment